Off The Cuff ~Stitching Style~
So I've type of grow to be obsessive about mastering the strategies of stitching a button-up collared shirt (or shirt gown!) these days. I do not imply to be frivolous, but as I feel at a complete loss for words concerning the present world scenario I am going to go back to what I usually do right here, which is to indicate you a costume I made and discuss it a little bit bit. I've ordered some dinosaur-themed cloth too, so I am also hoping to make a costume earlier than we go. No hate, or something, I simply can never get that excited about it as a result of I do not do fancy dress. Anyway, I wore this dress yesterday however it's not what I am running a blog about tonight.
I adore it loads and I've worn it typically - which I knew I might, as I wore the Bedelia costume repeatedly earlier than it. The Stella dress had its first outing to London, when I wore it to eat pizza, drink gin and go to that Dean Strang and Jerry Buting occasion with my good friend Kate. Nonetheless, I really love this costume and it seemed like a very good way to make use of the material and have a good time three happy love tales arising from the movie studies division at Warwick! I purchased this necklace from Black Heart Creatives , and its arrival prompted me to get some pictures of the costume.
You're going to need to belief me that the dress appears beautiful in actual life but it pictures like shit. But before I start the subsequent client shirt, DH Roger wants one comprised of this fabric..and that's effective with me. He deserves it, this fabric was a pleasure to work with....and I need to try out some new design element ideas! Design particulars embrace a Entrance button stand and sleeve plackets lower on the cross-grain, and a Chevron Pocket. These stunning materials, a yellow shirting stripe and white shirting fabric from were especially fun to work with, since I usually do not use stretch wovens for the menswear shirts I design.
I sewed this gown simply after Christmas and I had a beautiful little afternoon to myself. I'm really pleased with how the costume matches, and with my sample matching alongside the princess seams - this is something I might by no means attempted earlier than. I've made two of those before - the unique Bedelia gown , which is now too huge, and the Diva Lady costume. I made this gown in October, on a weekend when Nic was away in Guildford at a convention. Fleshmarket Close costume - modified By Hand London Elisalex costume in wax cotton that I purchased in Paris in 2014.
I don't have correct blog pictures but here is one from instagram (although this costume will hopefully get a submit of its personal fairly soon). I do not love these photos - I feel the proportions of the gown Mom/Wife/Nurse T-shirt are such that it will look higher with greater heels. As I had made myself one other Bernie Dexter-ish dress from NL6020 - the Prospect Park dress - I assumed it will be a possible candidate.